We’re announcing early access to Clipboard Activity Selection, which provides a great extracurricular registration process for students and parents, whilst saving the school copious amounts of time and headache.
When we speak to schools about the problems they’re facing with extracurricular activities, more often than not their activity registration process comes up. Commonly we hear these problems:
- Different activities handle activity registration differently. For example, netball may use a Google Form, athletics may use another system and music could use a paper form.
- There isn’t a single place to showcase all the activities that the school offers.
- It isn’t possible to set up requirements. These often include a maximum number of places in an activity or a limitation based on what year group the student is in.
- The forms that schools use don’t automatically know who the student is. This means they have to provide extra details like their name, student code and year group.
- When activities are selected by students or parents, the data has to be double or triple-handled to bring it together and put it into various systems.
- Existing solutions make it difficult for students and parents to use. Often they are clunky, time-consuming, or don't work properly.
Ultimately, these problems make it hard for students and parents to register for activities, and difficult and time-consuming for the school to manage. It's a frustrating experience for everyone involved.
Ideally, the activity registration process would be easy and delightful for parents to use and save the school significant amounts of time.
Introducing Clipboard Activity Selection
We’ve been working with over a dozen schools across Australia over the past twelve months on an activity registration product that solves these problems.
Clipboard Activity Selection is designed to be easy-to-use and mobile-friendly. Students and/or parents are able to log in with their existing school login details to view and select activities for a term, year or season. Once they log in, Clipboard actually already “knows“ their details, like the year group of the students, meaning they don’t have to constantly enter extra information, and you can ensure that only the right students are able to pick the right activities.
Setup is an extremely simple process, but also flexible, allowing for you to provide descriptions of activities, limits on numbers, year group and age requirements, selection cut-off dates, and much more. Setting up Activity Selection can literally take just a few minutes.
As selections roll in, you are able to view them in Clipboard in realtime. Selections automatically roll into the Clipboard EMS, meaning there's no need to double-handle and making it easy to place students into teams and groups within activities.
Clipboard Activity Selection is a great way to showcase all of your school’s extracurricular activities in one place and easily offer them to students and parents.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to improve the extracurricular experience for students and parents, you might want to check out these resources: